Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Just before falling asleep the other night, we heard from the next apartment a little jingle from a TV ad. No words, just a high-pitched tune, went a little something like this: Do-doo-do-do-doo, Do-doo-do-do-doo... So for the next few days, we were driving ourselves crazy trying to remember which commercial it was from... Then it hit me as I was sitting at the table late one afternoon, half reading, half listening to the television when it came across again. It was a Vonage phone service ad that also offers high speed internet... Mystery solved. But now whenever I'm in the same room or pass the TV on my way out to the balcony, that song gets stuck in my head... Do-doo-do-do-doo! Well, I suppose that's a sure shot better than "Who Let the Dogs Out," or the "Macarena" or even Dah-daah-daah-duh! which accompanied a Volkswagon commercial a few years ago... although, I'm not too sure if that's a good thing. I'm left to wonder... Do I have too much time on my hands these days?

No comments: