Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, December 20, 2003

Christmas is less than a week away now, I've done most of my shopping, baked cookies for friends and for parties at work. I'm hoping I might have some free time to catch a good Christmas movie on tv. Something like A Christmas Story, or Its a Wonderful Life. I think I still have the tape of A Christmas Carol, the one with Patrick Stewart. That was a good version, I really like that one. Also I haven't had much chance to listen to the right music for this time of year. Mostly my kids say that its pretty lame, so they pop in a FedUp cd instead. Aaaaaack! Ok, I like FedUp and all but give it a rest for about 20 or 30 minutes, this is Christmas. Lol.
My daughter's grandparents are in from Boston, they came by for a bit yesterday. Very nice people. But I see so much of a gap between them and my daughter. I think I'm in a place where I can see both sides, where my daughter doesn't understand, and gets frustrated with them. Maybe its all that time working with the elderly, in the past... I'm just more used to it, and can understand a bit more.
Anyway, I think I have some more last minute stuff to do... will post more later. Take care, everybody.

No comments: