Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, December 12, 2003

Sometimes I browse the internet early in the morning before work... sometimes, like this morning, I have a little more time to think about what I find.. I read vague poems with hidden meanings, and I'm always wondering if I had anything at all to do with them, if I entered into thoughts like those even for just a millisecond. Wouldn't it be so wonderful if that were true...

...Christmas is on us all again. I've got my tree up, lights strung, and decorated by way of Jason and Laura a few weeks ago... The highlight of their time these days is a local punk band, Fed*Up. Laura of course is their "Unofficial" photographer, for the times they perform locally, and she's really trying to promote, with flyers and such. Hopefully, they'll use her photos on some upcoming projects and she can get her name out there as a good photographer. Ideally they'll credit her by listing her name, and maybe even monetary compensation beyond just credits.

...I'll be working on Christmas, but I don't really mind. I was off Thanksgiving which was a real surprise to me, I'm used to working the holidays. After all, nursing homes and hospitals never close.. Haha, they may shut down but they never close! Sodexo is gone from the system and the new staffing comany put in place by HCA, Compass, will be in full effect in January. Our Sodexo GM will be replaced. And in the hospital dietary dept. Compass will be replacing at least two of the supervisors. I'm not sure about the sound of all this, I never was... The update that took place last week really skirted around the question of hiring more help for both dietary and housekeeping departments, so that's still up in he air. The general opinion is that they won't and as more people leave for better positions, they might not fill the slots here that are left, increasing the workload for the rest of us. We'll see...

No comments: