Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, June 28, 2006


These Westies belong to a neighbor who lives just down the street from us... we always see him walking them past the apartment after I get home from work. I was lucky that day when I just happened to have my camera with me out on the balcony, and shot this pic... come to think of it, I haven't posted any new ones lately. I've been meaning to get those printed up and let him see how they turned out, since they're among my favorites now.

They've been threatening us with flash floods for over a week, and it seemed like the experts were going to be wrong again. Until late last night and early this morning when it just poured. Robert got soaked going into work this morning, but by 7:30 a.m. the sun was out again and it was already starting go get humid. That was here in south Jersey. Over towards Philly and areas north, the Schuykill river continued rising and a lot of streets were under water. And up in Trenton they're estimating the river will rise by 27 feet, peaking at 8 p.m. Which was about an hour ago. Well, I'm glad we didn't get all that here.

The other night we put in the new edition of Boondock Saints in the DVD player, the one that has the director commentary. I highly recommend this one... of course I recommended the original when it came out on video. It's always been one of my all-time favorites. Now if only Troy Duffy will tell us when the sequel will be released!

I haven't been writing anything new lately. Instead I've become addicted to a relatively new site called YouTube. So I've been trying to think of all these different ways to get some of my older poems out to a different audience... we'll see what takes shape there. This could get scary, haha!

Had a bit of an emergency with Pablo last week. He was throwing up, not eating or drinking, and was straining to go in the litter pan. Right away I thought it a urinary infection or blockage, so we rushed him to the closest vet who kept him overnight. He had the beginning of cystosis (sp), and an upper respiratory infection. Poor little guy. We got his meds and so far he's been improving... none of those wild sneezing fits anymore either, lol.

DC United is shutting out my Wizards even as I type. Dammit. It's already 2-0. I would watch, but I don't know if I could take the disappointment. "Sigh."

No comments: