Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Beautiful day here in Jersey! The neighbor's out walking his Westies, its nice with the temperature not too hot and muggy the way it was last week, the balcony garden has gotten its share of compliments (now if we could just get whoever's dumping those gigantic buckets of water over the balcony above ours to just Cut It Out...) I picked up a hummingbird feeder before I left work yesterday. There was at least one around the neighborhood two days ago and I wanted to get the feederÿs soon as possible so he'd come back, but so far there's just been the bees and wasps that I've seen today. There's still plenty of summer left so maybe the hummer will make a few more appearance before too long.

Reading? I highly recommend Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer)You might have seen his show Wednesday nights on the National Geographic Channel. Really an enjoyable read and I learned a lot from it even though there might be a some repetition in some of what he's saying. In a way I think that might be intentional though, because it's not just the individual dogs he's working with, he's also getting their owners to approach an issue from a different angle. Everyone who's an animal lover should read this book... it doesn't matter if you're not a "dog person" per se, you can still be able to get something good from it.

One last thing before I go. I was playing around with some ideas the other night and this is what resulted. You could also say... hmm... Pablo the cat has ADD, annoyance ensues. Well, you be the judge:

No comments: