Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, December 17, 2004




Happy Birthday, Mom.


Busy days, not much sleep, and draggin' shifts at work. But a lot getting done.


My daughter and her boyfriend dropped by after he got off work last night. I ended up wrapping a few packages for his mom. She collects angels so they went and bought her a beautiful angel statue. She's gonna love it, I'm sure. But the statue is very fragile so some bubble wrap was in order. Luckily I had some extra in case they needed it.


Laura picked me up at 3:30 yesterday, went to the store and got my cookie-making stuff. So I guess I'll be doing that sometime today. Funny, when she came by last night and mentioned making cookies, I thought she meant doing that here right then. She was talking about Tim's friend Joey doing the baking over at his house.. so she wanted to hurry up and get home for the chocolate chippers, lol. And if she shows up today like she's supposed to, she'll get a double dose of them, I guess.


Our friend from work, Bill, is back in the hospital. I'm really worried this time.. I'd thought he'd left too soon the first time, but he stood right there the other day, swore up and down that they'd released him.. turns out, he misunderstood. They released him, yeah, but only to rehab. Sue says that the part of the brain that was affected by the surgery and subsequent swelling was the reasoning ability.
Now he's not quite the same.. I wonder now if he'll ever be the same.


Christmas snuck up on me this year... I'm not ready for this! The year has gone by way too fast, just flew by... like some little bird in somebody's ear.. hahaha! Btw, when Adonna O. came back to work, she had laryngitis and couldn't talk, which was fine by me and everyone else. (Hehe, evil, aren't I?)


On a serious note, I keep thinking about how things are turning out. I think back on when I moved to Fresno, and I said "It was either east or west, this time I chose west." Even back then there were times I wished I had chosen east. Well this time east is the choice. I also can't help thinking that for all my good intentions.. the reason... going toward something good, a new start and challenges, better opportunity. Even with all that mindset, it feels more and more like the old "running away from something negative. Well the outcome will be the same anyway... positive overriding the negative.

No comments: