Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Tuesday, December 14, 2004







I heard tell of snowfall here later tonight. I guess that means time to break out the snow boots again, lol. They've already been initiated for the season though. I had unspoiled snowfall all to myself one day last month, on the way to work. It was amazing, but it didn't last long. I've since told myself that if it snows again before I leave here, I'm gonna be sure and get some pictures... the camera I carry with me at all times now for just the right shot. Silly me, I missed an amazing sunset one night last week simply because I was sure someone passing in a car would think I was crazy, 'cause from their vantage point there wasn't much to see, haha.
That's what I get for worrying about what other people think.
Bill from work (actually an former co-worker) came by to see us all during lunch yesterday.
11 days ago he underwent surgery for an anneurism in his brain. From what I heard at the time, if they had waited any longer, it would have been over... it burst just as the surgeon went in, so violently that he couldn't see where to clamp it off at, for a few seconds. Oh, that Bill... he's a lucky guy. We almost lost him. But now he's up walking around and in decent spirits.. not the usual over-the-top behavior for him, he's still in some pain so there's still a ways to go before he's feeling back to normal, I'm sure.
Well the understated news that I'm leaving has not been met with any pissed-offness the way I expected, at least from the folks I work with, I think they understand where I'm coming from... stuff I've been saying the whole time, ever since the new company took over. Adonna will be another story altogether. She called in sick again... well, I guess just wait and see what new punishment she can think up over these next two weeks.

No comments: