Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I got to thinking last night and this presented itself... This is what it is: a rant in poetic form. This is also one of the few places I can comfortably keep it that way.


Humble Opinion

You can google my name from here to Timbuktu
my alias, my alter ego, my plural nom de plume
and you will find my presence all over, here and there
cross-referenced with some of the best
in my humble opinion.

You could do just that, what would it prove?
Would it make me a better writer, better poet,
a more caring kennel worker, empassioned
issue-monger, able to push cohesive action to
the next level, and never falling apart
after never falling together?

I suppose you could find bits and pieces
of me in a google, but would that explain
my involvement with some of the most
joyless souls I've had the dubious pleasure
to meet, these worthy skeletons, these perfect
indifference-makers, movers and shakers, these
most unhappy critics the stratosphere has to offer?
But once again, this is only my humble opinion.

You could google my
sorry midwestern/german/scotch-irish ass
right down to the ground (go ahead...
you know you want to) Just do it, from now
until the cows come home, till one jumps
the moon, till the 12th of never or till
hell freezes over, whichever comes first.

Will that keep me from reading and writing
in cliche? Would that bring me a new language
with which to be "original"? My friend, the
technical lesson here is: Its all been done
before, its all been written and said in
book and spoken word. The only difference
is how you preserve your passion...
and that is mos' definitely
my humble opinion.

No comments: