Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, February 08, 2004

It's good to be back. Online. I've been away for a while with no access to any of my poetry groups, no email, no xanga... the list goes on. It's amazing how we come to depend on technology like this. Sometimes you take it for granted when it's there everyday, to use. It's a tool, faster communication, sometimes the only communication in some cases. And when it's gone, there's a big hole taken out of you life, like something took a big chunk of your humanity. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is communication is key. Essential to the well being of anybody, really. Take that away for too long and I would guess you'd have some type of dysfunction. Well enough "Deep Thoughts" by Bailey....
It's been way too cold out here in KC. Got some snow last week, ice underneath it. Makes for dangerous roads with no traction, hard to get to work in all that. They closed the schools twice... I know my daughter is thankful that since she's a senior she doesn't have to make up the snow days. What else...
The hospital situation is in chaos. Awful timing for that, with joint commission coming up in a few months. They're hiring an outside cleaning team to come in and make ready just for the inspection. Why do that when they should have been keeping some of the full-timers on to begin with so that we can keep up with things and on a regular basis the way it should be done, the way it used to be done. *grumble, grumble* Idiots. Haha, I even asked "Hey since I went through joint commission last year at Lee's Summit, do you mind if I sit this one out?" It was a no-go. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

No comments: