Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, November 19, 2004

I'm so glad it ended when it did... 2nd shift = a night from hell. I didn't know it at the time, or even when I came in yesterday, but they gave me the largest areas... also areas I had never done before.. so it was a mess.. once I got the right information..(Adonna just loves to mis-speak, ahaha) I was able to do 4 West, 4 Middle, Sterile Processing, Decontam, B1, Recovery and Healthline (big exercise room).
Felt like I had barely enough time to sit down for breaks and such.. I think I'm gonna have a little talk with Adonna when she gets back on Monday... this is just ridiculous. I didn't get home till after 12:30. Don't get me wrong. I never minded doing the work, I just wish I would have had some idea of what I was walking into.. I like to be prepared for it, you know, so I can get started right away..
On to something new.. The other day I got a sampler CD from Virgin Mobile (my Cell phone company) free in the mail. Actually I found it laying under a bunch of stuff on a table.. my son Jason brought it in and forgot to tell me I had mail, haha. Anyway, its a cross between rap and R&B.. but there are some pretty good songs on there, I was surprised.
There happens to be a show tonight. The annual "Rock and Gobble" local Thanksgiving concert..
I'm going (for the first time, actually) along with Laura, Jason, Tim, and a bunch of their friends... Now THIS should be interesting, because members from a former band will be playing in their current bands opposite each other, A Delicate Disaster and Arlington.. Members of each were previously known as Fed Up... but because of some ego tripping, the other members eventually became fed up with it all.. So it should be an interesting night...


No comments: