Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, November 12, 2004



Atmospheric Condition

Any other time, from the same
distance that gray architectural
drill bit that would be piercing,
if not holding up the sky
would be more than enough to
annoy the most patient muse.
I can see a split in the
continuum, lines, though fuzzy
like dice from the rear-view;
funny that from here clouds seem
snow capped, having been led through
a winding mountain trail onward,
upward from reflections in a pool
called Sunset.


(Ok, that "drill bit" is a running joke that some around these parts call the RLDS World Headquarters, in Independence, MO. Because let's face it, that's exactly what it looks like... a huge drill bit in the sky.
And yes, I finally "went there" by saying it..
I have nothing against their religion, except to say that its not for me... I just think they could have designed a better looking structure, that's all.)

No comments: