Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Believe In Statements

I don't believe in the apathy of militant vegans
who tell the world passion is unreal, uncool...
This is where I'm from. This is where I stand today.

I believe that what you believe and what you have
done so far is in direct conflict with how your
actions explain what you can and what you will not do.

I don't believe I care to know the schizoid differences
between your myriad personae; a reclining Buddha and
wanna-be rapper, but I can guess the bottom line of them
all having found their comfort zone of unwillingness
to take positive action... on anything.

I believe in how the power of words spoken,
words read, words imagined
can rush a flame so spiked in adrenaline
it can blind one against his own humility.

I beleive in perspective,
I'm just a poet.
I believe in perspective.
This is where I'm from.
This is where I stand today.

I also believe
the reason this verse
is worth so much is because
its free.

I can't believe that when walking home
from work I spied a Chief's sticker
on a car with Jersey plates
which illustrates how rabid some
fanatics can stoop when completely
beaten at their own game.

This is
where I'm from.

No comments: