Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It seems like I haven't posted in forever...
Yesterday was the first day of summer, and last night's first full moon of the season... It came up low over the trees, you could barely see it. The day before, it was vanishing low as well. It's been really nice out too, the weather has cooled some (for the moment) and it's made for great sleeping weather.

They were shooting a commercial at the Pet Shoppe yesterday. I tried to stay out of their way, lol.. last week I was told that I might have to be in it if they didn't have enough people for the shoot. (Crossing my fingers I would be left alone, lol) Then in the afternoon, they come through my work area in the back "Well are you ready to be in the commercial?" I say, "... not really." :P Eventually he got someone else to use, what a relief!

Who needs a ferret when you can bond with a kitten?? Oh I still enjoy the ferrets at the Shoppe but I couldn't see having to keep it in a cage whenever nobody's home. And you'd have to watch them like a hawk to keep them out of danger, not to mention how they love to chew on stuff - and possibly swallow something harmful. I've been researching them for a while, there's just too many things you have to watch out for. You have to "ferret proof" your house even more than for a small child, cause they can get into places out of natural curiosity, and mischief - that could prove fatal - especially if no one knows they're there. Always a chance of them getting stepped on or smothered :( I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Sooo... when I noticed a super deal on some of the domestic kittens yesterday, I couldn't resist.
He's a super energetic flash of fur I'm calling "Bono" at the moment. I toyed with some other names... Pablo (Neruda), Vincent (van Gogh), Buk, Morrison (Jim or Toni) Lorca, Garcia, Giovanni... quite a list there, lol.

I've left many of the groups in Yahoo recently. There was one group in particular, well a couple that I was having problems in, so I decided to leave entirely. Then I got to thinking, I'm in so many as it is... I ended up cutting my list way down, just so I could focus more on the ones that mean the most. So I apologize if anyone's wondering why I up and quit their group for no aparent reason. Maybe sometime in the future, I'll rejoin a few. But at this point, it's not likely.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to get a DVD of Def Poetry 2nd Season... Robert brought it home last week, so I spend a good part of Saturday getting an overload on "spoken word" lol. Monday we popped in a tape of Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. I've never seen it before, but I've always liked Jimmy Stewart. So that was pretty cool. Then last night after getting the kitten, we stayed up to watch Soylent Green and Westworld... Its funny that they showed those back to back like that 'cause years ago when those movies came out the first time, they showed them in that order at the drive in. Lol, I remember that line from the movie..."Soylent Green is people, it's people!!) Like that skit on SNL years later when they made fun of it and turned it to "Soylent Blue."

No comments: