Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, July 16, 2005

"No Green Day without Iggy"
I've been a fan for several years (seems like a lifetime) and last night I was lucky enough to catch performance footage from Belgium on VH1's Concert Classics... the songs went waaay back, some of the earliest Stooges stuff I ever remember hearing. Again, it seems like a lifetime ago, lol... Anyway, thought I'd share with you all one of my favorite albums of his. Not necessarily "commercial" but excellent work just the same. Check it out, I highly recommend it.
On a side note, the new kitten's full name is: Pablo Iggy Nukkinfutts... seemed very appropriate somehow.

A visit to the vet was in order for Sock... a neuter and current shots, etc.. He's been slowly recuperating the past few days and we've been trying to keep the other cats away from him... Maybe now he'll stop the incredible yowling late at night and the roaming through the house. Amazing how nice a full night's sleep is. Well I can only speak for Robert, because while he's getting to sleep, Pablo has been waking me up every morning at 3 a.m. either attacking my necklace or chewing on my earrings. Talk about a rude awakening, haha! The week before, Pablo's curiosity got the better of him while chasing a bee. Well he got stung a good one, and his whole neck swelled up to three times the normal size.. Robert said he was looking like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh... it was like he had three chins. Seemed alright otherwise... just kind of sore from it all, but he didn't have any other major reaction.

Robert's birthday is Monday, wanna do something special for him this weekend... fix a favorite dinner tonight. Still need to go shopping...

Well, with all decent news there must come some bad... my daughter's grandpa who lives in Boston, passed away on the 14th. She's doing ok, for the moment... Both her and her brother are going for the funeral, there's a group of them leaving for the airport this afternoon..

No comments: