Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I woke up a bit later than usual this morning.. and I still feel a little sleepy but restless at the same time, as if I'm forgetting something I need to do right away.. Maybe its anticipation for the new position, starting Tuesday. I want to do well, but nervous that I'll fall behind during the day for some reason.. I know that'll make for an even longer day, but I wouldn't want to leave until everything is done...

I'm glad I don't live in Philly; the Septa (public transit) workers had a major falling out with the company, and walked out. They've been on strike since Halloween, and from the looks of things, it could go on like this indefinitely. So you have people who normally depend on the busses, elevated rails and subways to get to work and school, chaotically scrambling to get where they need to go... rememinds me of that commercial where some Rasta guy's stuck in traffic...
"Aw, mon... it is to-taal gridlock!"

The weather here this weekend has been incredible, a nice Indian Summer. A little fog earlier this morning, but burning off quickly. And I can see a lot of people have been taking full advantage of the weather, it's been so nice. Yesterday we walked down to Target for household stuff and it was really good to be able to relax and take time to enjoy the trip there, not rushing to get out of the chill. Also picked up some extras... found some neat little socks, with cat designs... reminds me of dun laoughaire, lol. Robert picked up a couple of flannel shirts, and I found a pair of nail clippers for the cats. Got home and tried them out first on Pablo, one paw at a time. Somewhere inbetween he tried his usual trick of jumping, then hanging on the balcony screen door, and we noticed he was only hanging by one foot, unable to get a grasp with his other. Robert thought he was swatting at one of the ladybugs that have recently made their annual appearance... but the truth is he just couldn't grip like before. So that effectively puts an end to him destroying the screen, lol.

Last night we put in a DVD of Korn live at CBGB's, totally amazing. I had forgotten how much I used to like them... still do, really. A piece of music history, not everybody gets to play there, especially nowadays, when I hear the owner wants to tear it down... After that we put in a Thrice DVD from back in August.. interviews mostly and a few songs... I sadly admit I fell asleep in the middle of it. Some habits are hard to break, I guess... I was just extremely tired.

No comments: