Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, November 18, 2005

There's one in every crowd, some lawsuit-happy, bible-thumping voice of authority who thinks he's doing the world a service by quibbling over necessary measures. This time its an evangelical Christian high school civics teacher who's teamed up with the ACLU to fight Tampa Bay's NFL security policy to pad down sports fans upon entering the stadium. He claims this is an extreme violation of his Constitutional rights. http://www.tampatrib.com/FloridaMetro/MGBKXEVWREE.html
I would like to know the consensus of opinion among you folks out there... Remember, these are much different times than when the Constitution was first drawn.

Too politically correct? I say kudos to the makers of American Girl dolls, who've designed their toys to reflect a collective role of women in history and culture... all the way up to the present day, including this newest flak - addressing the abortion issue. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/16/earlyshow/main1046828.shtml?CMP=OTC-RSSFeed&source=RSS&attr=TheEarlyShow_1046828
This is reality. The times, they've already changed.

Has anyone been following the news about the two Pennsylvania teens who were caught in Indiana after the boyfriend had killed the girlfriend's parents?

T.O. and the Eagles. Don't get me started! What a jerk, enough said.

The weather here has turned bitter... Oh I supposed in all reality it's not that bad, but when you consider the temp was 70 two days ago and now down to 20, it can certainly seem that way... the wind was a little brisk on the way to work yesterday morning. I just have to remind myself that last winter, I treked 45 minutes to work every morning in sub-zero conditions... Hey, I did it then, I can do it now. Lol!

Work is going good... I love my job. I repeat, I love my job! :D I've gotten the routine down pretty well by now, and look forward to the start of the day when I can wish each puppy and kitten a "good morning!" Don't get me wrong, it's still very much a challenge but at least now I know pretty much what the hell I'm doing.

No comments: