Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Image Attachment

Image Attachment



Ok, so I've gone flickr happy.. I can't help myself though. I have to post. Now, on with the blog...



There was wall-to-wall sleeping bodies in the ICU waiting area this morning at 8 o'clock.
So I did what any self-respecting housekeeper would do... pull trash and wait till they wake up to run the vaccuum.. By my 10 o'clock break they surely be off the floor. Well during my break, the lead got paged overhead to stat vacuum the area. I don't know the full details yet, but apparently he was a little upset with the other department that called for the page. More to be updated, I'm sure...

Tonight my daughter must be on cloud nine, attending a live show. Her favorite band, My Chemical Romance is here in KC tonight.. Jason, Lauri, Laura and maybe some others have gone too.

Meanwhile, I'm anxiously looking forward to the end of another work day tomorrow. Usually that would be payday, but in keeping with HCH policy, they have notified us that our checks will be distributed on Fridays from now on, just like everybody else... what makes us not like everybody else though, is the possibility of the place eventually being torn down, after they finally close the doors.. what a shame.
I was born thene in that facility.. my mom and dad were born there... they say it's cheaper to tear it down and build something else than to renovate... Oh, what should I care? Its just a job now.. I just work at the place. Burned-out... I feel I'm getting there fast.

No comments: