Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Mandatory meeting at 7:30 this morning lasted an hour and was quite useless, really..
It was called, hospital wide (at several times today to give everyone the opportunity to attend) in order to launch a new program called "All*Star Service."
Solve your customer's problem.
Treat your customer with respect.
Acknowledge your customer.
Respond quickly to your customer.
such a cute little program, I'm surprised they haven't offered an entire course on the concept.. because I know of more than a few people who could use a crash course in employee and interpersonal communication.. namely my boss and her "by-the-book" sidekick working amongst the rest of us..
While it was basically a waste of time in my opinion, it did offer a chance to rest my feet.. and yet another the chance to actually fall asleep sitting up in her chair..
Later during lunch, we all happened to notice a group of suits converging toward the entrance, hurrying for the free luncheon they had scheduled down in the auditorium.. not too long after the last one hurried through the door, Lloyd, one of the leads happened to look up and saw a flock of birds circling the air above the parking lot.. Ok.. so we have the suits invading the hospital, and now there are birds circling in a holding pattern... would anyone dare to guess what this means? I take it as an even deeper level omen.. how much worse can it get though, really?
On a much lighter note, I got a chuckle from what I saw coming home from work today...
First let me say in case you don't know that the Kansas City Chiefs lost a critical game last Sunday (hee-hee) which caused a lot of disappointment for a lot of the fans here.. (the entire city and surrounding areas)
I pass this house every day and it wasn't until this afternood that I noticed that they had their red Chiefs banner waving in the breeze on the flagpole, at half-mast.

No comments: