Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, April 02, 2006

"Merry Christmas" a day late

Some of you may have read recently that we've have to schedule an rush surgery on our youngest cat Pablo... a fix on the problem of his sudden aggression toward the other two cats, Sock and Taz. That was last Tuesday. He's been back home for nearly a week, with some residual aggression, but otherwise fine. Taz has a hard time believing it though, since he got the full force of the attack last weekend.By the way, Taz is twice Pablo's size and he's scared to death of the little bugger now. Ive been keeping him separated from the others quite a bit since the surgery in case he still has any lingering attack hormones. He's in the bathroom at night and during the day he can sit in his favorite spot at the sliding glass door (while harnessed). Sock has made peace with him though and this brings me to their little April Fool's prank they hatched up for me yesterday morning before work. I was getting ready for work when I heard a noise, so I went to the living room to investigate. There was Pablo sitting on the balcony with the screen door wide open... but where was Sock? After a quick run-through of the apartment, it was obvious he wasn't inside. So I peeked around to the neighbor's balcony that adjoins ours. Sure enough, there was Sock at the far end, thoroughly enjoying his freedom. After much cajoling and bribery with treats he finally slipped back under the bars to where I could pick him up and set him back inside. I just knew I was going to be late for work! As I closed the door, I noticed Pablo immediately stuck his paw through the space between the glass and the screen. So he actually opened this door by himself. I just know Sock put him up to it, probably promising to undo the harness if he'd open the door. Lol.

Yesterday was the season opener for the MLS. I was excited until I found out that they weren't showing my Wizards home game at Arrowhead on ESPN2... but then at 8:00, possibly due to some wishful thinking, I scanned the channels for "soccer" and I found a free preview on the pay channel. Really lucky there, to watch the Wizards beat Columbus Crew 3-1. Oh happy day, I finally get to see a KC play after all last season with no access to anything Wizards related. :)

So Spring is actually nice here in South Jersey right about now, with the weather warm and (although partly cloudy) birds singing, the trees are sprouting a little green already. I know back in Kansas City, it's tornado season. They've had quite a few in the area already. And here... well it's still "Goose Season," it seems they've declared war on any individual who inadvertently wanders too close to their prospective nest. I've had to change my route in to work over it... Hope that makes them happy now.. Bleh!

Finally... Back in the day when my creative idols were drowning in soup cans, assasinating personalities with a chew-'em-up-spit-'em-out sensibility, but always generously unmean, in a place where work was more fun than fun, and everything magic was ultimately at the surface...
A Little bit of Andy Warhol and a Podcast
Interview


Anyway, this concludes my update for now. Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend where you are.

No comments: