Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, June 12, 2004

At last communication, Laura and her dad were on their way back from Fargo, and she has finally resumed the trip back home. They should be back in town sometime tonight.. Well, what a trip that turned out to be. Somebody should write a letter to the MTV show, Pimp My Ride and have them fix up the entire car for her, for as much she's been through with that fool thing.
I went out with some friends from work last night. Started out at this Mexican restaurant just up the street. Palomino's (Decent food, and pretty reasonable) From there, went to another place with a DJ, celebrated a co-worker's birthday. I kept having to tell her 40 ain't so bad.. I don't think she was all that convinced, though. Anyway, I had a good time there, I haven't been out like that in quite a while.. but as much fun as I had, I don't think I'm gonna be doing it again anytime soon. I'll be starting my 2nd job next week so I'm going to be more appreciative of my days off and spending that time to myself, doing the important things like laundry, writing, errands, cleaning house, writing, grocery shopping, writing, and writing.
I slept in today, then went to get some supplies at Wal Mart, and was wanting to get to Barnes and Noble.. but I got such a late start, plus having to wait on the bus.. I didn't think I'd make it back in time for the last transfer. Bus went right past the bookstore too :( So, later for browsing the poetry section, maybe next Friday if I have the chance.

No comments: