Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, June 03, 2004

I spoke to my old boss again yesterday. She called me and asked if I still wanted the part-time evening position at the Groves. So I guess tomorrow around 9 a.m. I'll put in the application, be interviewed and hired on the spot. Doris set it up like that, since she'll be on vacation. And after that... orientation on the 14th. So I guess I'll be actually start on the 15th.
I'm still not sure if I'm doing the right thing.. yeah, I need the money, and yeah I couldn't do much else right now without it. But am I effectively condemning myself to this place by taking this job? I've told myself a lot lately that if I don't do something about this rut soon, I never will. Is this a good step in the right direction, or just more inertia. I can't seem to figure exactly what this is going to do.. will I be asking myself everyday, "what fresh hell is this?" or will I be able to easily see that this is just what it takes to get what I truly want? And if so, how long does this have to take? I'm usually patient, but this is just the tip of the iceberg with the self-nagging questions.

No comments: