Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Well after weeks of the book sitting around, I finally finished Angels and Demons (Dan Brown) Amazing story in that it's realistic enough to where it could actually happen.. this has so many twists in it, right up till the end... a series of mind-blowers. Geez, you think you know a character in a book and then they go and do something like that! You just never know. So now I'm reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I wanted to get the book finished before I even thought about seeing the movie. I hear a lot of people saying it stays pretty close to the book, so I might not even want to see the movie...

I hear we may get some storms coming our way later on tonight... We had one the other day that reminded me of tornado conditions... wouldn't that be wierd, twisters all the way out in Jersey.

I hope all of you had a safe Memorial Day weekend. I know the police stepped up like they usually do, to issue fines to those not wearing seat belts. Not to mention catching drunk drivers and red-light runners like the one I saw a few days ago... easy to spot too, he was the only one on the road, no traffic at all to speak of, and there was the cop just waiting for someone to mess up. I saw him as he went by and thought "what a dumbass..." Sure enough the cop pulls out to pull him over. A quota beyond easy.

I'm really hoping that June turns out a lot warmer than this month. I'm still wearing a jacket in the mornings, when it's been overcast and rainy. Bleh.. I'm ready for summer.

Sat down to watch a movie last night, and partway through it, I get a phone call. The voice on the other end says "Hey, turn your TV on to USA real quick." So I say, "I'm already watching Braveheart." My daughter had Tim, her boyfriend call to tell me this, since she couldn't pull herself away from the movie... It seems to be one of hers (and mine) favorite movies..

Next month they'll be adding more tasks for me at the pet shop... to include fish, reptiles and snakes. Not too sure about this... but I'll manage. I'll just have to rearrange the times and days I do everything else... I just worry that some cages won't get clean often enough... Oh well, we'll see what happens.

No comments: