Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Monday, March 22, 2004

Each One a Gift

I was the interloper, tresspassing
through unfamiliar territory
treading back into a past
that wasn't mine.
All the names in my head now
and meanings that were hidden
and left behind for the
sake of sarcasm, the surreal.
Did I even belong there at all?
But even now I can't help
myself. I am drawn to
this place like cold needing
flame to warm and time that
aches to bridge the enormity
of distance...
I am here because in between
the lines, between the roughest
of edginess and caustic sentiment
elements of issue and molten rock,
I found wishes and dreams, flights
of daring, desparate lonliness,
emotion spanning the lowest lows
and upward highs.
I found such magic.
Each one a sterling vision,
each one a gift.

No comments: