Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, February 19, 2005

I've been putting my resume and applications online since before I moved. Last week I went in person to the Mall out here to put in some applications, among them a place in the food court called the Lotus Blossom. Its next to a cajun entre place - two different restaurants, same management. Well I was put to work the next night, unpaid training, in the same spot behind the counter... hardly any movement at all.. I could tell right away, that was not the job for me. I even came close to calling over some of the janitors just to ask if they wanted to trade jobs, lol... Well of course I never went back. But... Now here's the good news. I got a call yesterday morning from someone who'd seen my resume online and wanted to set up an interview for Monday, here in town. The file clerk position would be an easy route to get to by bus. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Finally figured out how to send a file (to the publishers) - having access to a real computer and not just a webtv deal certainly helps. So now that I know for sure that they have my file, I'll just say that the book I Am Ready is in text production stage, and that it will still be quite a while till I hear more about it. I figure I'm just lucky to be able to send the stuff they needed, I went months trying to figure how to do it with something that couldn't even open a file, lol.

No comments: