Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

have good news... No, I didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

The good news is I'm to be the new kennel tech at the pet shop. The hours won't be the same, I'll come in an hour earlier than I do now - which is alright by me, I didn't much like coming in so late anyway (9 o'clock). Hell, I'd come in at 5 if that's what they wanted, lol. But it'll be the same amount of hours, different days off.. I'm really happy about this

It's turned out very chilly today, and we have some heavy rain tonight through tomorrow morning. I guess it feels official, fall is definitely here. Some of the trees have started to turn. What's really surprising though, is that the portulacas (sp) and geraniums we planted last spring are still blooming. Well enough days like this and they'll finally submit to the weather. They're both extremely hardy plants, especially the portulacas. They overtook everything in the planter, crowding them out till they died from lack of sun. Very aggressive... must be a Type A personality hybrid.

I'm on chapter 2 of The Fiery Cross (Diana Gabaldon) which is some 1400 pages long... I'd say I still have quite a ways to go on this one yet. It's the latest in my favorite series of books... it just seems to me the story has something for everybody. Part historical fiction, some time travel, romance, humor, myth and legend, a bit of the occult, drama of course... All the books in the series are a great read. So if you ever get the chance, pick up the first one, Outlander. I can almost guarantee you'll be hooked.

No comments: