Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, October 15, 2005

One For The Emo Kids

I want you to take your right hand
extend it out in front of you
then sweep behind your left shoulder
and give yourself a nice little
pat on the back
'cause it takes a lotta skill to
come up with things like,
"I can't wait to see that new movie
'The Fog' by that new screenwriter
Steve Cain." Or "Yeah, 'The How'
got back together just to record that
song for CSI." And "Well.. I'm thinking
'bout quittin' Xanga 'cause nobody ever
leaves me comments, therefore nobody
cares if I live or die."

So much skill that no one else can dare
claim the poor mystical, misunderstandable
hype any better than you.

Wonderful the nights I see you all in your
pimped out rides on your way to the Grenada
with all your club friends to drive drunk home
but for now I'd just like to say
your mommy and daddy still have a nice car
and I'd just bet
they'd like to keep it that way.

Welcome to the real world
Put your right hand behind your left shoulder
pat yourself on the back good for all the
live show attendence - because not everyone
can do as well on a part-time salary, boast
the CDs and all the must-haves in your life
like food and a place to live.
Like food and a place to live...
Accomplishment notwithstanding, no one in
the world can float from friend to friend
and back again quite like you.

No comments: