Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, October 29, 2005


The weather here has turned chilly the past couple of weeks, so everybody's breaking out their winter coats. I've had my eye on a peacoat since I saw the movie Boondock Saints, and was able to find one on pre-season sale at the end of the summer (half-off, too.) Now that I'm wearing my "Boondock" peacoat, I feel like I should be hangin' a rosary on the wall whenever I come home. I guess you'd have to see the movie to know what I'm talking about, lol.
First day of Kennel Tech training at work yesterday... went great. There's a lot to keep busy with, still a lot to learn, but I'm confident that I'll get the hang of it all soon. I"m really gonna like this, which happens to be something of a dream job for me. I've wanted to work with animals, in some capacity for years now.
Halloween is just around the corner, this Monday. I've already posted my annual blurb from the ASPCA about protecting your pets around the holidays. Always a good reminder. And also, to you partiers out there... Have fun, but keep yourselves safe. And as always, If you're drinkin' don't drive.
Oh, and don't forget to set your clocks back an hour tonight, wouldn't want to miss that extra hour of sleep that comes in the fall, now would we?

No comments: