Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, April 16, 2004

Just some trivial ranting here...

"Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet"
Let me rephrase that, take liberties with
this long forgotten ad campaign and come up with a similar slogan much more to my liking
on things "American."
"Soccer, veggie burgers with sprouts, coconut creme, and a restored '65 Mustang"
A personalized opinion, and probably trivial as well, but isn't that what makes us individuals in the collective, a part of the big picture, but living, breathing, seeing, observing things "outside the box?"
I have not participated in the past two presidential elections.. my son gives me a look of disdain when I say that. He wants to be part of the process, he wants me to be part of the process. The truth is, I haven't cared for politics at the governmental level... I mean, why do that when you have all the corporate politics you can handle already, shoved down your throat?
But this is the year, they say.. "make a difference." Blah, blah, blah. Its the same old rheteric, with a few clever sound bytes. Very few.
Campaigns are promises that no one has ever been able to back up. What I'm trying to say is that every four years it's the same... points made, records examined, mud slung and the spin always threatening to reach new levels of confusion. Never mind any of that, I'm just trying to get by, gain more stable ground personally. Why would someone like me care about Bush, or Kerry, or any one of them?
So, I guess I should apologize in advance for the apathy here. I may change my stance, in time. Maybe.

No comments: