Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

It's the change in the weather, I've been feeling it for the past couple of days. Spring flu, I guess, I wanted to call in to work yesterday but didn't. Just trudged through it. Would have been good sleeping weather too, it rained most of the day, but still it was nice when the sun finally came out..
Achy, my whole body, I should call in today, but that's not going to happen.
(Good thing its not the stomach flu, haha.) And last night I went to bed super early, slept all the way through. But I'm still tired, feel like I could use another four hours sleep, that's not gonna happen either.
At work yesterday they had the kickoff of nurses appreciation week. Big whoop. We end up cleaning up more after them than we do the patients; nurses make the most mess.
They also had a special deal in the cafeteria about the new facility they're wanting to build at the central location between here and Lee's Summit. Complete with posters of the new hospital, as designed. It just seems to me they're jumping the gun a bit. They've only just now filed a "certificate of need" and none of this has even been approved yet. Blah, blah, blah.. just want out of that place.
Last week, mandatory meeting, and it was explained how someone, i.e., the EVS general manager, could track our activity from a remote location, via bed tracking, our pagers, and computer. Well that's all fine and well, but this is from someone we haven't even met, I don't even think I've seen him at all. Someone who, to me has the potential to become a corporate slavedriver, as if it hasn't happened already. Total job disatisfaction here, just my opinion.

No comments: