Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, May 22, 2004

A little item that may be of interest to some of you, as it certainly is to me... Dallas just got burned by the Wizards, 2 - 0. (Was the pun intended? That could be anyone's guess.)

Went to the library today, no luck with one thing, but picked up a book they had been holding for me, Bukowski And The Beats by Jean-Francois Duval. This also has an interview, entitled An Evening at Buk's Place. I've only gotten to page 25 so far but I can tell I'm really going to get a lot of mileage out of this book.
What is it that leaves you feeling giddy, even when a lot of things seem to be going wrong, and there's the sense of impending doom, like the walls or the ceiling may collapse around you at any moment. That's the feeling I've been getting, lately, don't know why really... but then there's also that sense of discovery surrounding it. Maybe it was the way the wind picked up on the way home from the library today, when I make a point to look up always, around this time of year. For certain low-hanging clouds, for a signal to head for lower ground...
Extreme weather, always exciting and a little dangerous.. gets the adrenaline working overtime and creative juices flowing, I guess. Plus its also cause for unexplainable rambling on weblogs, so I'll stop now before I continue to get carried away. Till next time, my fellow bloggers. :D

No comments: