Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In this photo provided by the Edgewater Police Dept., a 3-week-old Pekingese puppy is shown Friday, Feb. 24, 2006, at the Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital in Edgewater, Colo. The puppy that two teenagers allegedly were using as a football died Saturday morning, Feb. 25, 2006, according to Jamie Petsitis, a spokeswoman at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. Police operations Cmdr. Mike Marchese said the teens could face a felony charge of animal abuse. (AP Photo/Edgewater Police Department, Mike Marchese)

There's a little more to this story, which can be found at PetAbuse.com
According to police, the woman who brought the puppy to the vet seemed to be using her story as a cover to protect herself. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she had something to do with this puppy's death.

No understatement here: I certainly have unresolved pet abuse issues... more so with every case I see on the news or the web. I say unresolved because most of these cases are unresolved. Either that or the charges are dismissed because someone takes back their story, or somewhere it says that such a crime doesn't deserve punishment. I'd even go so far as to say I'd like to see some kind of "Boondock Saint" organization to go after these abusers.... Yeah, that's the ticket. Boondock Patron Saints of Abused Pets. God knows the justice system has been found wanting when it comes to these cases. There are loopholes everywhere, and I've found my patience has been wearing thinner with each story that comes across the page.

Anybody out there feel the same way I do about this?

No comments: