Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Last night I fell asleep trying to finish reading The Life of Pi by Yan Martel... I don't suppose the background music from the weather channel helped keep me awake in the least. Lol. I guess I must have really been out, Robert said he couldn't wake me.
Anyway, I finished the book this morning, there wasn't that much left. This is a strange one... It kind of ends too abruptly. I really hate when that happens. I'd have to say I'm not all that impressed with the book. Too many unanswered questions.

We've had a total of 10 new dogs in this week. Still no cats. And I'm really hoping the Doc came last night to clear them all, cause there's one or two that really need the attention and freedom to run the length of the kennel. Especially the new Siberian Husky, who's been so scared the last few days that all he does is find something to crawl under and cry. Beautiful dog.. blue-eyed. I think he's gonna go home with someone really quick, once he's in the window.
Still missing the St. Bernard who went home the other evening. Good thing I got pictures before she was sold... and the Corgi.. oh, the Corgi. He's been there at least three weeks now, and soo dominantly hyper. And nippy. We've been working on addressing his alpha issues, lol. The trick now is to effectively address Tia's alpha issues, double-lol. (cough, cough... did I actually say that out loud?)

Movies. I strongly recommend Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Awesome. We picked up the DVD last Tuesday when it came out and watched it that night. I haven't yet read The Half-Blood Prince, but I plan to soon. Although the big revelation in that book was completely ruined by someone I know on Xanga, (Curses to Nick Pick, btw) I still plan to read it. I just know that when the next one comes out, I'm absolutely staying away from blogs in general until I finish reading the book. That way there will be no surprise spoilers. Ha!

No comments: