Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Sunday, March 26, 2006


You do NOT want to see this coming at you.
Yeah folks, its that time of year again. The time where no matter what route you take, there's always a pair of geese camped out along the way. Right now they seem to be scoping out nesting places, and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, you'll see the full wrath of at least one of the pair. Twice in the past week I've been approached in such a way. This last time was a few days ago, when I saw two geese standing at the bus stop. I didn't bother asking when the next bus was due, instead I made a wide circle to avoid them. I thought I was safe, I thought I was well past them... but when I heard a noise behind me I knew I was in for a load of trouble. I ducked down in time for one of them to fly just over my head and land directly in front of me, honking angrily as soon as he touched down. So I had no choice but to go even further out of my way. But I made sure he knew I was just as angry by yelling back at him as I left, haha. Really, there's no doubt in my mind that if I hadn't ducked when I did, he would have scored a direct hit at my back. So be careful out there folks, if you happen to live in the area, they like to claim territories near stores and businesses, around the Mall's parking lots. Just a heads up, be on the look-out for overprotective birds, it's a Goosy jungle out there.

A few other items this week, I've been toying with electronic gadgetry on the web, audioblogs, podcasts, and the like. I love to search things out. I just discovered this nifty little item on Odeo.
Bukowski Remixed
And then there's this little item, which is already one of my favorite sites...
Blue Things Poetry
An audioblog of my favorite poet reading some of his work.

Finally, a story on what happens when animal welfare law works like its supposed to: 120 Days In Jail.
I have been waiting years for a story like this. My only complaint in this particular item is that you can tell they are trying very hard to be sympathetic to the criminals.

So far since the official beginning of Spring it has flurried snow twice here in south Jersey. The temperatures have still gotten down to freezing on some nights. I'll be glad when it finally does warm up a bit, which should be by next week.

No comments: