Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Its funny how you can go into the same place for months and not really know much about the people you work with everyday... Until now I never knew what voracious readers this crowd at the pet shop was. Anything from the new Stephen King (Cell) to Dan Brown. Btw, one of my co-workers was extremely disappointed by the ending of Cell. And a few others I work with are reading Angels and Demons (Dan Brown) after reading his DaVinci Code. I haven't read this one yet, been waiting for it to come out in paperback, but I gave them a good review on what they're currently reading. I read it last year, and it was really amazing. It seemed like the timing was a little spooky, what with all the Pope business, John Paul dying and selecting Benedict as the replacement.

We are due for a major ice storm here in south Jersey sometime this morning. And here everyone was hoping for an early Spring... Its not happening yet, folks! Some of the worst ice storms I've seen have happened in March. Granted it was in the midwest and not here, but it pulled down wires, tree limbs, knocked out power for weeks. KCP&L couldn't keep up with all the locations. Therefore - a lot of angry residents. That's not even considering how hard it was to get around, cause the streets were accidents waiting to happen. Oh... I'm not looking forward to this at all. They keep saying its on the way but it probably won't be here till the afternoon... Who knows?

No comments: