Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Just some rambling, wandering thoughts for today...
There I was, sitting there just minding my own business when all of a sudden this brick wall came out of nowhere and smacked right into me. Lol, actually the "brick wall" was a song on the radio, and the kind of song that puts you in a trance, very sad, a deep dark, internal frame of mind. The very thing that can make you cry no matter how hard you will yourself not to. Because it just gets in there so deep, and you not only remember how you felt, its also how you feel at the present time. Aahhh! I need a diversion. Bad. Hahaha.
Not to segue into this kind of diversion... but late last night me and my daughter were surfing the net and we hear this knock on the door. Who could it be at this time of night? It was my ex and one of his friends (one of his more responsible friends, which was a relief, lol) came over to hang out for a while. It was cool... but as time wore on, I got the feeling he wanted to stay the whole night. Luckily there were already too many overnighters so there wasn't all that much room. I feel in a constant state of guard so as not to fall back into the old traps now... I can't let myself feel sorry for anyone, I've fought for that decision to stand and it would be the worst thing for me to back down now... I'm proud of myself, haha. I handled a very delicate situation and passed with flying colors. I didn't really have to say "No, you can't stay the night" but I sure didn't offer either... Come to think of it, it was just pure luck I guess, lol. Whew!
I upgraded my roommates.com account to premium. I want to make that move before winter sets in. So now would be a good time to start contacting these people on the site. Should be sending out my resume again too. Gonna be a busy week ahead, but all good. Taking half-steps at a time toward some progress. :)