Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Where to start?? I dread these next couple of weeks. At work. Word has it that the JAHCO inspectors have a major beef with HCA stemming from that Medicare fiasco some years back, so they'll be nitpicking the staff like crazy...
We've already been told: "Now is NOT the time to air your grievances." Great... No pressure there, hehe. I am not looking forward to this in the least.
My ex bf is staying with friends in San Francisco, got kicked out from his best friend's place... I think it was over not having a job. Now he's wanting to come back to town to stay at his dad's. His dad lives a few blocks away from me.
I can't get motivated... in anything much outside of work. I'm having a hard enough time staying motivated for work. Hey, at least I'm still writing, I always have that. Thank God. Don't know what I would do if I couldn't just write stuff down whenever I feel like it. I can remember when I couldn't even do that, it wasn't really all that long ago it seems.
Went out last night... very, very informal time of it, haha... unavoidably late, but I can understand, he's got a close friend who's elderly and physically handicapped now, that he takes care of quite a bit, and those things take a lot of time. I don't think his friend can even get around without his wheelchair, and an oxygen tank.. that's really some major lugging stuff around, and it takes extra time just to get him in and out of the van whenever he needs to go somewhere, poor guy.. He's trying to get him into a program where a home health worker can come in and take up a lot of the responsibility, cause he's wearing himself out just taking him to the doctors, etc.
My son Jason came home yesterday after job hunting, all upset cause everybody he talked to acted like they didn't have time for him, or had already hired somebody else. That's what you get for wearing a lip ring to fill out applications. Damn... It used to be kind of funny. It's not funny anymore. Me and Laura both sat right here and told him it was a bad idea, just last weekend. Now he says, we never told him that. But even if we didn't you'd think it would occur to him to take it out whenever he goes job hunting, sheesh.
Well I guess this is my rant for the day. It's gotta get better from here.