Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Well I Was

I was viewing all landscapes from these
windows and all I could see was
a world headquarters landmark,
that big corkscrew in the sky...

I was wondering why all family
had left, so soon, so soon.
And those of us who are indeed
standing on the left are now
pariahs, snubbed and burdened
with no clue, but with an
honest heart.

And I was stalled in the underbrush
again like so many years ago, in Fresno
lacking direction, but armed with good
intentions... what will be in all
acute actual desire and will to make
it at all costs...

All that's needed now is courage
and decisive integrity, that's surely
possessed yet has time to sprout,
and blossom, and grow out of season
surely as bulbs planted in the fall.