Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, October 09, 2003

First, a moment of silence and prayer for the friends and family of Frank Whittlesy, an 83-year-old man who was tragically struck and killed by oncoming traffic while leaving the supermarket Monday evening.
(story found at examiner.net)

Just as I was on my way out the door yesterday, a friend who lives out in Liberty came by needing help with moving stuff into the basement. They have been doing some finishing touches on their house (which is only about a year old). Right now they're hiring people to finish the basement. Well it seems Home Depot delivered all the drywall early and left it on the front lawn. And since the workers hadn't had a chance to get there yet, and it was scheduled to rain, she was rounding up as many people as she could find to move all that stuff around to the basement. So it was me, my son, some other guy and her, all trying to move these 8-ft, 10-ft. and 12-ft. pieces of drywall. Hahahaha. Me and her handled about 6 or 7 of the 8-ft. pieces from the stack before the workers showed up. And I just learned something. I can't lift worth ca-ca. Did it but had a lot of trouble... a lot different from what I'm used to at work, with the linen carts. So this morning I woke up all sore. Anyway, after that we both went in and help her mother paint the kitchen. It really looks good, a kind of muted red color, really fits the interior. Even before a second coat it looks good. Took up the rest of my day, but it was good to help some.

No comments: