Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, October 04, 2003

The Only Thing That Matters

I'll meet you in the pouring rain.
We'll brave the elements, wind
and thunder, we'll match our
electricity with that of the skies,
when lips and tongues meet, searching,
needful, mindful, tender,
such an urgent response.
I'll meet you in the pouring rain
we'll be soaked through coats,
clothes, to the skin, the chill
so bitter the only thing that matters
is the warmth of us, the feel of your
body held close. The only thing that
matters is the deep, hypnotic
power of your kiss.
And now I find myself
falling into feeling, into surrender,
into weakness, in too deep
into the intensity I've never felt.
I'll meet you in the pouring rain
where the only thing that matters
is you.

No comments: