Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, October 02, 2003

There have been so many complaints from the people I work with about how we're being treated, about the new time schedules, about how things are being run in general, etc.. I don't understand this: They laid off those three people, Dennis included, and the reason was... "budget"... There are plans to shut down this hospital, MCI, and Lee's Summit Hospital within the next couple of years, yet the powers that be are spending so much money on cosmetic stuff, like redoing the circle drive at the entrance. It looks better but really didn't need to be done. And all the extra painting done on the outside by independent contractors, that's gotta cost. So what's really up with the "budget"? They'd rather beautify the place on the outside, than keep staff on the books that keep it clean on the inside. Grrr...
I still say that was low the way they did those layoffs. I haven't heard from Dennis lately, think I'll call, find out if he's found something. He told me the (general manager) said MCI was hiring floor techs but Dennis don't have a car, and the busses don't run that early. His answer was, " "Bus service has improved greatly in the past couple of years." Uh. No, it hasn't. It was ok when living right down the street from work, but MCI is all the way across town. Yeah, I'll call up and say, ".... Hey you..." lol.
And I sure hope there's not another day like yesterday at work. Had to go in at 8, which is too late t start in my opinion. You feel like you're behind all day long. I lost my keys, had to go through the trash looking for them, weren't there. checked everywhere. Dealt with snotty nurses, I'm doing my job, but I'm always in their way. Everybody's having to come in at a different time now, plus take their lunches at different times. There was nobody out there when I took lunch. Randy says they're trying to split us all up, and I'd have to agree.
Well today has to be a better day, so I'm gonna go ahead and get ready for it... "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it..." (Colin Quinn, SNL)

No comments: