Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Monday, October 27, 2003

Oiche Shamna

Rain or shine, I will be there
running through the scavenger hunt,
right after I finish "Old Yeller"
But for now I'm facing half in,
half out of the dark.
Wait for me, I will be there.
Imagine tonight that the moon is full,
that there have never been drugs in
candy, no razor blades put to apples.
Go back to a time before Kevin Perry
sat home Halloween night watching
thriller movies the whole time, ate bags
full of Snickers, huffed enough cans of
all purpose cleaner to never again make
it to class. What the hell was he thinking.
Cloudy or clear, I will be there
despite the latest stories of animal sacrifice
the torturing of a stray kitten or someone's
pet. Only God could help the next person I
see to do such a thing.
Rain or shine, rain or shine
I will be there
trying to remember innocence
and failing miserably.

No comments: