Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, October 10, 2003

Net Worth

My Clan map of Scotland,
Rampant Lion on the wall,
near the corner, and next
to it, sun solstice wind chimes.
Collections of all things
Celtic, photos, books and
mementos useless to anyone
but myself.
Tiny cat plates and figures,
candles, gifts and possessions
of those here and gone
too soon. I know
what this is like.
And right there, you can
see it all when you enter.
The rosary I searched months
for, rescued from an alcoholic
haze-meister who would have
sold it as well, just for spite.
Or the greeting card I sent
years ago and found, kept after
all this time, the one with
"An Irish Blessing"
It's all there, a full-eye view
of what's always been the
most important parts of the past.
You can see it when you enter.

No comments: