Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, April 22, 2005

I finally got my two author's copies of my book today. I was anxious to get them, and I'd been hoping they'd show up before now... like in time for the poetry meeting here for local poets that took place last Wednesday. But today here they are; I happened to look outside the door and there the package was. Robert was asleep in the next room, and I came close to waiting till he got up, to open it. As it was, I just stared at the envelope for several minutes after I sat down and remembered to breathe, lol. Then I figured "why wait?" So I tore open the envelope and then there they were, seeing the light of day, in fresh air once again. Wow, just wow... Talk about overwhelming. Now I figure I should find the best way to promote it... Maybe the only limits are really how creative you want to be. Anyhow, this was absolutely the highlight of my day.

No comments: