Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, April 08, 2005

What a long night it was, I didn't get home till almost midnight. I started a new job yesterday at a local diner just up the street. I'm lucky to find someplace so close. But the hours kind of suck. I just need to remember that this won't be a permanant post, and that hopefully someone from the housekeeping dept. at the hospital will call for me to come in for an interview... or even the guy at the mall. Come to think of it, I should just go ahead and call him, to see what's up. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be that opening. I really would be more comfortable doing that kind of work... at least with that, I know what the hell I'm doing, lol. Plus the hours would be so much better. I'm not the night owl I used to be waaay back when. I was kind of unprepared as far as a uniform... I borrowed a white shirt, black pants, and a tie. Yes, a tie. I feel so Avril Levigne now.
It's beautiful weather the last couple of days. The afternoons have been so great, sitting out on the balcony just taking in the sun and a good book. I even went and got some sunscreen just in case, cause Robert and I both burn so easy. It was really getting hot, even - and its still only Spring yet. Last night things cooled off quite a bit with the rain. Today it's been cloudy with continuing rain. But even that feels nice.

No comments: