Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Its raining and the weather's cool in New Jersey, but its Spring and the trees have filled out with leaves. Enjoy the flowering ones, they remind me of Fresno's white apple blossoms that only last a few weeks, same as here. Enjoy the fact that, like the midwest there are lightening bugs in these parts (something Fresno didn't have, lol.) We even have a plant for the balcony, went to the store yesterday and picked up a hanging basket of geraniums. My mom always had geraniums in her garden... she'd start them from seed indoors right before Spring, and then when the warm weather hit, she'd plant them outside.
I have fantastic news. I got the job I was hoping for, I start Monday. I am now the Pet Shoppe's small animal caretaker. :D I'll be cleaning cages, socializing ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters and rabbits.... birds, cats, dogs. Feed and water them as well as the reptiles, spiders and scorpions. Scorpions?! (Hey now wait a minute...) They assured me that I won't be required to handle them. The only thing would be to lift the lid and pour water into a bowl. But all in all a decent job, and one that I've wanted for a long time.
So to celebrate, Robert suggested going to Dunkin Donuts for their new Banana flavored iced latte. Kind of disappointing, not much banana taste to it, just the coffee and chocolate mostly. But, aahhh...coffee. And even though Robert didn't finish his, he still felt the effects of the espresso (which is pretty much the strongest coffee you can make.) So we ended up tossing a Frisbee around in the side parking lot to expend some of the caffein, lol. It was fun, I hadn't done that in such a long time.
The other day we brought home a DVD of The Boondock Saints and watched it... then got to thinking about how long its been since any news of a second movie, so I emailed the question of "Will there even be a sequel?" to Troy Duffy (the director.) A few days later I got a response. So here it is from THE SOURCE, there will be a sequel, entitled All Saint's Day.... eventually. No specific release date, but at least its something to look forward to. I was (pleasantly)surprised I got a response at all. If you haven't seen Boondock Saints, I highly recommend it... Robert thoroughly enjoyed it, saying the direction reminded him a bit of Tarantino... I just have to say it's still one of my all-time favorites.

No comments: