Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Bailey here. It's amazing how you don't realize you depend on technology until you're without it, even for a short time. Cell phones, the internet, all a line to the outside world, greater in scope than you can travel in a day or 45 minutes, the time it takes to get to work. At work yesterday at the elevators near where the cafeteria is, one of the dietary ladies asked me "are you getting skinnier or are your clothes just getting bigger?" Geez the fourth person in about a month. (And no, Laoghaire I am not anorexic - so quit playing that song whenever you come over, haha!) It's just stress, you know.
Anyway, it was a long day, I ended up working through last break just to get done. Then I tried to go to the place to get a top up card for the phone after I got my check cashed and the bus I was waiting on I guess was stuck in traffic and would have been waay delayed, so I just took the regular bus home. Later on though my daughter came by and offered to give me a ride up there, went to a Chinese place at Independence Center, pretty good.
I have two days off, I'm going to bed and sleeping in tomorrow morning. Right now, I feel like I could sleep for a week. Goodnight everybody.

No comments: