Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Yesterday my horoscope said, "Self-control is the last resort. Hide from others. The future will change tomorrow." Very ominous-sounding. I was hoping nothing would change for the worse, and what was up with that "hide from others" part?
Well today for the moment I feel pretty good. Things might be getting better. Hopefully certain people will finally mean what they say for once. Just want my life back, you know?
I emailed a friend who lives in Fresno and well its a long story, but he ended up with my acoustic guitar I told him to keep. Lately I got to thinking that's part of what I want, used to do, an now really wanting to do again. He still has it, so I guess I'll have him send it. Wow, little by little, piece by piece, finally. I just hope it doesn't all blow up in my face for some reason.

It was Greg Cordum's birthday today, (General Manager of EVS at Indep. Regional, MCI, and Lee's Summit Hospital) and it also happens to be Housekeeping Appreciation week so he got us all pizza. I told him it was also Jason's birthday, and when he asked how old he was, he didn't believe me when I told him, he's 22. Andy, my old boss came by the hospital too. He still says everybody misses me out at Lee's Summit. And I still have to say he's one of the best bosses I ever worked for. He'll work right alongside you when your swamped with a ton of stat dismissals. Not like some of the supervisors here. Well I shouldn't complain too much, at least I still have a job, which brings me to some of those that are no longer co-workers. I think that how it was done was very cold and heartless on the part of HCA. I guess that's what happens with a big corporation like that.

No comments: