Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Last night marked the last show for Without Incident. Jeremy, their bass player is moving out of state and it was kind of an emotional night by the end of the evening. Very sad for a lot of people. Well the rest of the band will continue once they get a new bass player but they're retiring the name, which I thought was very touching. A kind of message that says, "once you're gone, it won't be the same so this is our way of telling you we'll miss you."
The show itself was pretty good, held in a church not too far from where I live. There was about six different bands there. It was kind of bizarre, though. Friendly moshing up front, where Riley's drums were stored off to the side for the rest of the show. I kept thinking "geez, they're getting awful close to the equipment, guard it..." But there was no damage. As I watched them it seemed as if they knew the boundaries. I was surprised. That's why I say "friendly" moshing, cause if somebody fell, somebody else would always help them back up. Wow. You don't see that every day. And nobody got mad eiher. So I guess that's how Christian Punk operates. I was pleasantly surprised.
Without Incident did a version of Amazing Grace during their set, and another band did a version of Friday, I'm in Love. ... Sorry, that song just wasn't meant to be punked-out. Just my opinion, haha.
Wish I could remember the name of the last band that played. they were a little older than the rest of them, and the lead guitar had some real intricate bluesy type riffs mixed in with the other stuff. I liked the contrast.

No comments: