Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Friday, September 26, 2003

Risk Worth Taking

I roam the hallways,
the visiting spirit confronting
an unknown past when the past
hides itself so effective,
unattainable to find meaning
from complex shadows,
foremost in my mind,
what was this damage done,
and why?
I know that your fear
becomes my fear metamorphosed,
that I am afraid of your absence
And that I can no longer ignore
this emptiness, such the awful
ache deep inside, for you.
And when I know I can still
burn away the chill of this autumn
And when those struggles continue
so far away, yet strike so close
to home, touching exposed nerve,
feeding fear, danger of loss,
losing love, the past is again
immediate, here to steal away
the hope I offer you.
And when I'm always dreaming
the safety of you, know that I'll
never be ready to let it take away
any more of you from you, from me.
So remember, my love, that its always
the risk worth taking.


Bailey
September 26, 2003

No comments: