Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Saturday, August 16, 2003

A day of shopping and filling out employment applications yesterday, for my daughter and son, respectively. At the "Center" looking for school clothes and underwear. Hahaha... I dare anyone to ask "dun Laoghaire" what she wore on her head in the car while driving, at least half the way home. I was kind of embarassed but at the same time laughing so hard... It was craziness, I tell you, these young whippersnappers today, having fun. What's the world coming to? The two older ladies in the car next to us gave a shocked look, the one in the passenger seat covered her eyes. Oh the shame, the shame. But the way I see it, my daughter can do anything she wants. I know for certain that she is not on drugs, not wanting to be in a gang, not going out and having sex, not stockpiling weapons to shoot up a school, not drinking and driving or any of those things you hear in the news. My daughter has become a free spirit, but with a responsible attitude, a decent concience and I'm very proud of her, even if she does *giggle* occasionally wear a thong bikini for a hat on the way home from the mall.

No comments: